Monday, September 17, 2007

Buchanan Lookout


I went to Ainsworth Hotsprings to visit a old friend but found out he was'nt home and was still in the US, so I had a afternoon to kill, so I thought that since I was around the Kaslo area I'd take a drive up to the old Buchanan Lookout that the BCFS use to use as a fire lookout before they started using planes to spot forest fires. The road was alot worse than I remember, especially towards the top, but it was well worth the drive. You could probably drive it in 4x2 in low range but it's much easier on you and the vehicle your driving if your in 4x4.

I found most of the main Kootenay Lake valley encased in haze, probably from other forest fires in the area that were not visible as well as moisture in the air and general pollution from lack of any winds to clear it out, so most of the photo's I took turned out to be a disappointment, except for this one. The Kaslo River drainage was clear of the haze.

No comments: